Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My New Bedding...

During my Christmas Break I got to thinking that it was time for a change in my bedroom.  And that change I decided would be bedding.  If you give me enough time off, I am bound to change up something and 17 days off in a row did just that.  I didn't really have a "direction" that I wanted to go so I decided to open up Photoshop and just start playing around until I had created an inspiration board to go shopping for! My palette started with a fun-loving and colorful garland from Studio Mucci that I had previously ordered in November. This tassel garland is called Cupcake Confetti Birthday Tassle Garland and can be found here.


I decided to start with a neutral focused bedding set and bring in the pops of color from the tassel garland with throw pillows that I could "hopefully" find.  The shopping lasted for about a week before everything was purchased and I felt happy with the overall look.

So take a look and let me know what you think about my new bedding--that I LOVE! :)





Where did I find everything?? 


1 :: Studio Mucci--Cupcake Confetti Birthday Tassle Garland :: here
2 ::  LC by Lauren Conrad--Kohl's--Allie Ruffle Quilt Coordinates :: here
3 :: LC by Lauren Conrad--Kohl's--Faux Pearl Decorative Pillow :: here
4 :: Pillow Runway--Etsy--Gold Sequin Pillow :: here
5 :: TJ Maxx--Faux Fur Pillow
6 :: Xhilaration--Target--Textured Pom Pom Decorative Pillow :: here
7 :: TJ Maxx--Teal Ruffle Pillow
8 :: TJ Maxx--Cream Ruffle Euro Pillow

What do you think? You like my lil creation? I am very pleased with it to be truthful. And if I am being honest, Henry approves and he is my toughest critic!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I've been on the hunt for solid gray bedding. In my mind, it exists. I have yet to find it in reality. However, I found something pretty cute at the Pottery Barn Outlet. Apparently PB Outlet carries West Elm too and I might be going back for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a design board prior to shopping is a great idea. I use design boards to keep on budget as well. I check prices and availability of the items before I head out shopping. I also bring my board with me (via smartphone) in case things don't look as I had hoped in the store.

    Dante Storey @ Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete