Friday, November 15, 2013

Hurry Christmas, Hurry Fast!

Is it too early to be wishing for Christmas' arrival? Two days ago I told myself, "Self, you cannot decorate yet. It is too early!" And then today I found myself thinking, "Heck with it. Turn on some Christmas tunes and get in gear."

For the record I have not gotten a single decoration out yet. But I am thinking this weekend or next week for sure. For sure.


There are many reasons why I love Christmas.  A few that come to my immediate mind are: decorations that sparkle and shine just make me happy, the music makes me want a Santa hat on my head, being with my family, shopping for others (yes I do sometimes I enjoy that!), taking time to be thankful and to relax, snow…snow…snow, and of course CHRISTMAS VACATION!!

Oh, and dressing up my pup!


So today I want to share with you some of each of my favorites…let's get started.

1) Decorations that sparkle and shine.  I am a big decorator and DIY creator.

I made this Santa tulle wreath last year and he was my favorite DIY project from the entire season.  I cannot wait to get him back on my front door.  Want to make one? Check out how.


 This mantle was also a favorite.  I am going to change it up a little this year which I am excited for.  Mostly because I have the confetti canvas pieces hanging up in my beauty room all year round now.  So stay tuned for this change.  If you want to make this glitter reindeer, go here.

2) Christmas music makes me want a Santa hat on my head.

Rascal Flatts' version of White Christmas is a great one.
Kelly Clarkson's Underneath the tree makes me want to sing and dance and just be a kid again.
Glee's We Need a Little Christmas is just a fun fun song!
DO you have a favorite Christmas song? Please sure them with me!

3) Being with my family!
I love clocking in some QT with all of my cousins, second cousins, and our pets! We are all goofy and just a fun time period.  We laugh, go to the movies, play games, hang out in pjs, etc.  No matter what we do, we have fun.  I cannot wait.

4) Shopping for others!

I get excited when it is time to think and brainstorm a gift that you know someone else will honestly love. We will draw names for our family exchange at Thanksgiving and then the hunt begins. Whoop!

5) Taking time to be thankful and relax. Enough said.

6) Snow!! Snow!! Snow!!

We had our first snow this week, crazy enough.  It was enough to cover the ground.  I always hold on to a hold for a white Christmas every year.  Maybe this year.  My fur ball loves the snow too.


7) Christmas Vacation

I am a teacher so I get a really nice vacation from work to enjoy the holidays and this year I have a big reason to be excited.  Reasons 1-6 are all still really true…but #7 is great this year. Why? Why? Why?


BECAUSE MY MOM, BROTHER, AND I ARE GOING TO VEGAS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!  We have talked about it for months.  We have stalked the travel websites.  We have changed our minds and come back again.  But I am finally accepting it as we are booked and really, really going.  I am the most excited to see how Vegas gets into Christmas mode.  I have been to Vegas a dozen times, but all in the spring and summer seasons.  So to see my favorite holiday done Vegas style….well it has to be amazing.  Right?

Source
This picture alone makes me bounce up and down and just hope my camera can capture some of this glory.  Ah, I cannot wait.  It is now time to start thinking about what show I want to see this time! :)

Oh and it is Friday! Yay! This weekend I have more Friday night football, a wedding with my college friends, and my DVR!  Have a great one! H54F!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your puppy is SO CUTE!!! And I have definitely decorated for Christmas already...no self-control here haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love love, that glitter reindeer! Not sure how I missed it, but I'm definitely making one! So cute!! I'm going to put up my Christmas decor next week as well. That counts as exercise, right?!

    ReplyDelete