Monday, July 22, 2013

Once a Bobcat, Always a Bobcat...

...even ten years later :)

Kristen, Kate, Me, Lori, & Emily
It is insane to say (out loud for that matter) that we graduated from Ohio University TEN years ago! I do not know what is more difficult to come to terms with: a--that I have been teaching for 10 years and living the life of a somewhat responsible adult or b--that I am not frolicking down the brick roads of Athens, Ohio with my friends without a care in the world anymore.  I will probably go with B if you were wondering.  

One of my roomies from OU and her hubby hosted our lil reunion this past weekend in Pittsburgh, PA.  While not everyone was able to make the trip, it was SO good to see everyone who did.  We even busted out some mixed CDs that I found in my CD collection with the dates from when we were living off campus.  There were songs we remembered, songs we still knew the words to, and songs that made us laugh.  It is so fun to reminisce and go back to our younger days!  

Kristen and I
My birthday is tomorrow so Kristen even got me a lil cake to celebrate!  I may or may not have requested it be at the party, lol. It was so cute, tiny, and yummy--and the icing ended up all over my face by the end of the night somehow (Thanks to my friend Bryan!).

So even though we are busy living in the "real world" this weekend taught me we are always ready and willing to recall the silliness of the old days and of course wanting those days to be back where we were young and carefree.  Luckily one of our friends is getting married this fall so we will be back together in 4 short weeks for the bachelorette party!

I'm linking up today with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans! You should too!
Sami's Shenanigans



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! I'm glad you got to relive the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about an Athens reunion! We really are Bobcats for life. It's a bond that cannot be broken.

    ReplyDelete