Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Go Shorty...It's Your Birthday!

Man oh man, I have to say that this was actually a good birthday.  I had found myself dreading my birthday this year, kinda put me in a funk type mood.  But yesterday turned out way better than I could have expected and I have some special people to thank for that.

First of all, I share my day with my mom's only sister, Kathy, or as I called her Aunt Kacky.  I was always her birthday present, which made shopping really easy for me! ;) Ever since she passed away celebrating has not been the same.  It definitely feels like something is missing on OUR day.  But I know that she is sitting on a proverbial cloud somewhere with my Granny June and maybe even my dad, having a good time watching down on all of us.  So of course my mom made sure she was represented on my ice cream cake--yum!

My mom and Henry spoiled me during the day while we had cake and just hung out!  Then it was time to get all dolled up and go to Columbus for some girl time!  

I wore my new dress from Hazel & Olive! I am in love with it.  It is so girlie, dainty, and just so pretty. We all look pretty good when we get cleaned up, huh?

These three ladies made my day great.  A big thank you to them for making me feel special!  It is easier to get older when you are surrounded by friends!

It was also a night of desserts.  I am not a big dessert person but when it is your birthday you should indulge right?  We couldn't pass up free chocolate covered strawberries!  Look at those little tuxedo ones...too cute! We also told the waiter it was by birthday so he hooked us up with two plates of more desserts. It all was so good!  We were spoiled for the evening for sure!

These girls know me all too well too!  Look at my new favorite shirt EVER.  Jen stalked my Pinterest--so clever--and got me this baseball tee that says Trucks, Cowboys, & Country Music.  Perfection.  I also received some cute bow earrings, a fun bracelet, a cute top from Express, a new Kenneth Cole clutch, and a portable speaker for my iPhone (my dog got me that, isn't he smart?).  All in all, it was a great day.  I am off to go shopping with my momma today to continue celebrating and then meeting my brother for dinner.  Who says you cannot celebrate for more days than one?  And who knows...this great birthday may just leave me excited for the next one! Hope you are all having a great Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love your dress so much!!! Glad you had a great bday pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are loved! So glad you got some fun goodies on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite shirt?! I did not know that!! Awesome! It was a fun night and I look forward to doing it again!

    ReplyDelete