Friday, July 19, 2013

Country Music, Boots, and Pick Up Trucks

It is FRIDAY once again.  This week actually went exceptionally fast and I am down to only having two weeks before heading back into my classroom.  Today I am linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday to celebrate the awesomeness that was my weekend last week!

Last weekend I had THE best weekend to date.  I got to travel to my dream city of Nashville, Tennessee to just indulge in country music, cowboy boots, and girls fun.  For as long as I can remember Nashville has been the city where I wanted to be--why I haven't made it my mission to visit more frequently I do not know.  This was my third time visiting the fabulous city and I got to go with three of my girlfriends.  We packed up my SUV and headed to the land of cowboys and music to just let loose and have a good boot stompin' good time.

We decided to stay at the Opryland hotel which I had stayed at previously.  It is a gorgeous resort that almost makes you feel like you are on a cruise ship.  And even though we spent our time sleeping at the Opryland, we really spent the majority of our trip on music row---down on Broadway.  My favorite part about Nashville in general is that no matter where you walk in, no matter the time of day, there is live music. I LOVE IT and we soaked it all up as much as we could all weekend!


Here we are at the Opryland before heading down to Broadway for the evening!


 At the Wild Horse Saloon where we line danced :)


 Just me at the Wild Horse Saloon...gosh I just love my boots!


The band at Whiskey Bent on Friday night was Whiskey Dawn.  I was immediately smitten.  I have already Facebook and Instagram stalked them...and may or may not have bought the album!


For some reason, horse statues are everywhere in Nashville ;) and we managed to take our picture with them all of the time! :)


 On our way out to Broadway for Saturday night!


We started at Wild Horse Saloon again.  We really found places we loved and stuck with them. :)

We met this cowboy from Texas and he taught me how to two-step.  It was SO MUCH FUN.

 The band that caught our eye on Saturday night was led by Michael Scott.  He has his own app--which he talked about a lot. Check him out, he was fun.




Oh and good ole Honest Abe showed up eventually :)


3 comments:

  1. this looks like so much fun! I want to visit Nashville SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Nashville. I am actually planning a move there in the Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great girls time! I'd like to do some country dancin'!


    =) Brooke

    ReplyDelete