Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Shoe Picks 2013

Last week I shared some of my swimsuit picks for this summer.  If you missed that, check it out here.  One of the other FAVORITE things to buy is shoes! I love love love shoes.  It is not just a summer shoe love affair. I love shoes during each season and even keep them nice and neat in their original boxes.  I know it takes up far more room than necessary but then my pretty shoes last so much longer than they would if they were thrown at the bottom of my closet every day, at the end of the day.

Now I am girl would prefers to run around in flats whether they are flip flops, ballet flats, or just a sandal without a heal.  So I apologize if you are looking for a super fun shoe that will height into your life.  Being a teacher, I am on my feet from 7am until 3pm and so heals are just something I only bring out for special occasions (then I pay for it tremendously for days!).

Without further adieu here are my new favorite shoes for this summer!

When I went to Florida in May (you can read about it here), the bride had these beautiful Gianni Bini shoes on one night at dinner.  I immediately interrupted her story to find out where in the world she found them!  She said Dillard's!  I literally looked them up when we got back to the hotel room and was super-de-duper bummed that they were sold out in my size and every size I could pretend were my size.  I searched high and low for this beautiful sandal...then a week later, in my true stalking fashion I checked one more time and BOOM a half size bigger than what I wear was available!  I was SOOOO excited!  I immediately clicked them into my virtual shopping cart and they are forever mine, mine, mine!  They are simply referred to as my BEAUTIFUL shoes from now on!


On Mother's Day, my mom and went shoe shopping at Macy's.  I actually saw these shoes online before hand so I knew I had to try them on.  However, Macy's shoe department was a HOT MESS.  My mom tried to try on a pair of shoes and the lady could not find the mate.  She kept saying that she had called reinforcements to get them located.  The store was a nuthouse.  During this chaos I could not find the sparkly starfish looking sandal and was bummed.  We decided to leave (empty handed) and I looked down at a pile of dejected shoes and there she was shining right up at me.  My "summer" shoes as I call them are perfect because they are sparkling (and I love me some bedazzle-ness) and two they are in the shape of a starfish which I feel is different and unique.  I found them at Macy's and they are by I.N.C.

While we were at  Macy's the shoe my mom fell in love with was this little bowtie sandal.  She wanted it in navy blue and the woman had called reinforcements to find it and was unsuccessful.  The lady finally got the bright idea that we could just order them online. So we did, we used that idea and my mom now has these cuties in navy blue.  They are from Macy's and are also I.N.C.

If you haven't shopped the Sam & Libby collection at Target you totally should.  These gold and silver metallic gladiator sandals caught my eye.  I feel like they will jazz up a cute top and shorts but will also go well with my maxi skirts and sundresses.  I haven't worn them yet but they are going to Vegas with me so I am sure you will see them on Instagram later this week!
Once again from Target these Mossimo sandals were just so different I thought they were fun.  I love love love the off-shite and gold accents, but I do think I should have thought out the bright orange a little more. They are a tad limiting because a good bit of orange show through.  But hey, shoes are just important as the outfit so I have fun finding ways to wear them.  The gold definitely gives the opportunity to dress them up too.


Lastly from Target these Merona sandals are just your typical brown sandal.  I think I wear simple brown and black sandals all summer long and they will barely make it through two seasons.  So I did pick up this pair to replace my brown ones from a couple years ago.



Lastly, this pair of shoes have been posted on here before, but I am still loving cutie pairs of Keds. They are so much cuter than the simple white pairs from when I was little.  I wear these all the time...with skinnies, shorts, skirts, and dresses.  A great light weight tennis shoe for sure!

Well that is it!  The summer shoes I love for this year.  Are there any shoes that were a must have for you? Do share!







2 comments:

  1. i want those first shoes on my feet right meow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I love me some shoes too! I'm loving those Target sandals that come in so many colors and I also LOVE some Jessica Simpson flats too! Check them out!

    ReplyDelete