Monday, June 3, 2013

Puppy Baths, Cupcakes, and Graduates!

Another Monday is upon us! Whoop Whoop! Today I am linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!  You should too!

This weekend was a busy one for me as my second cousin graduated from HS yesterday!  Let's look at my weekend!
I started the weekend with this little pathetic face.  His allergies have been nuts as mine have been too so I figured he was long over due for a bath.  He HATES water and baths, so you can imagine how much fun it is for me to get into a tub with him and scrub a terrified 60 pound dog.  HIs breed has a bunch of wrinkles in their skin so it is important that they are completely dried so he doesn't get a skin rash.  He wanted nothing to do with me, a towel, or even being outside in the sun after the water trauma so Super Hero Henry had to come to the rescue. He may have hated me but it worked!


 Next I was off to my cousins' house for graduation party prep.  I blew up a ton of balloons and made this Pinterest inspired grad cap cupcakes. We had a good time prepping together.

I do have to share my #ootd that I posted on Instagram.  I am aboslutely in love with this skirt.  I ordered it from Hazel & Olive (online boutique and it is just so girlie and perfect.  My tank is from Old Navy, sandals (my favorite ever!!!) are Gianni Bini from Dillard's, necklaces are Tiffany's and Lilly Pulitzer, and my earrings (which you can't see) are Kate Spade.

Family started to arrive shortly before the actual graduation ceremony so I got to clock in some time cuddling and tickling my favorite lil guy!
We had about an hour to kill before the ceremony so we took some pics! Top left is my second cousin Haley, me, and my cousin Steve.  Middle right is my momma Stesh, Haley, and me.  Bottom is just me and Hay Hay!  Carson and I are on the top right, and another of Haley and I at the bottom!  It was HOT in that gymasium which made the 1:45 ceremony a tad uncomfortable.  However, after all the kiddos received their diplomas they did a mini flash mob/dance mix.  It was by far the best part of the ceremony. I was clapping, singing, and dancing in my seat.  It was all choreographed and each song they danced to was meaningful to living life to the fullest, having fun, thanking their parents, and moving on to the future! It was so cute to see an entire student body do something like that! :)


Post ceremony shots with the grad himself....he is also my second cousin, Ethan! It is so weird because I was in 8th grade when he was born and he was my lil buddy.  When I was in school, my bedroom was in the basement of my mom's house and he always called it the Laundry Room.  So he would come over and beg me to take him to play in the Laundry Room. and now 18 years later he is all grown up and headed off to The Ohio State University!  I am happy he is a Buckeye! O-H!

We then went back to my cousins' house for a graduation party where we ate and listened to some family members tell some crazy stories.  My brother came for this part so this pictures is us with Eth!

Lastly, when I got home I had to do the weekly chemicals with the pool and when I took the cover off the temp was 86 degrees so I took a little night swim first with these cool disco lights!  Well that was my weekend...a long but fun one for sure.  I am super busy this week with appointments (the dentist, UGH!) and packing for VEGAS!! We leave at 7:00am Thursday morning.  Be sure to stay tuned to my Instagram for my fun filled vaca!

Have a great week bloggyland!

Sami's Shenanigans


5 comments:

  1. Sounds look a fun weekend and that outfit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun!! Love your outfit AND girl, your hair is amazing. please teach me how to make mine look half as good as yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVEEEEEEE THE SKIRT.

    looks like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit, you are so pretty! I want that cupcake too, omg.

    ReplyDelete