Friday, April 26, 2013

April Beauty Favorites

Yesterday's post just may have gotten me back into the swing of things.  Wahoo!  I am here today to tell you about some of my newest (a few older) favorites for the beauty world for the month of April.  I cannot believe how fast time is flying, but I love it.  I am now less than 20 days away from my summer vacation and I absolutely cannot wait for my summer sun lounging days to be here!  My family just booked our vacation to Las Vegas in June and I am counting down the days for that as well as my long weekend away in Destin, Florida for a friend's wedding in SEVEN DAYS! So let's get back to beauty!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

You may noticed a pattern with this month's favorites...a lot of Physicians Formula products are pictured.  Walgreens has been having major sales in the beauty department and one week they were BOGO 50% and then this week it was all products 40% off!  I took some gambles and have loved everything I tried.

1. and 2.  I have been trying the Super All-in-1 Beauty Balm Cream (SPF 30) in Medium Deep and the Super All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder (SPF 30) in Medium Deep for a week now.  Let me tell you I get just as much coverage with these two products as I do with a FULL coverage foundation.  And the best part is that they are so light weight on your skin.  I do not even feel like I am wearing makeup.  The powder is creamy feeling even though it is a powder. These two together will be my summer staple FOR SURE.

3.  Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara...where have you been all of my life? This is the best I have tried in a long, long time from the drug store.  I like to wear it alone with two coats or combined with my Benefit They're Real (one coat of each).  All of my other mascaras have fallen to the way side.  Why? It separates, does not clump, does not make my eyes look like spiders, is easy to apply, and lasts all day!  :) Go get you some!

4.  I am a self proclaimed MAC Cosmetics Snob...I am not going to lie.  I recently ordered some new stuff to try online (because my MAC counter stinks!!!) and have fallen in love with a new blush.  It is called Dolly Mix and is seriously beautiful. It is a great shade of pink pink with a silver glittery sheen. It blends magically and is just so pretty on.  I am very very pleased with this choice.

5.  This makeup brush is by MAC which I know is pricey, but after many reviews that I read telling me that it is the best brush in the land for packing on color on the lid, I knew I had to try it.  So I did order the 242 and I have not looked back since.  None of the reviews lied.  I used this daily and and so happy that I bought it.  I even use it with favorite #8 all the time.

6. This little beauty is also by Physicians Formula and is called the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush.  I chose the color Natural.  First of all, let's take a moment to recognize the A+ packaging here.  Metallic pink case with the beautiful and colorful powder hearts, I swoon.  This booster has a sheen/sparkle to it but it is light.  My favorite way to wear it is to combine it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Fearless.  I wear the Tarte on my first layer and top it with the Booster.  It is so pretty. Perfect for spring and summer. Very girly and pink. :)

7.  The concealer palette by Sonia Kashuk is an oldie but a goodie.  I have been reaching for this constantly as my face still hasn't 100% returned to normal.  I use this before I use foundation or BB cream to cover up any spots that need hidden!  I use the palette in Hidden Agenda II.

8. I have been loving wearing a sparkling shadow on my lid for my eye makeup while wearing matte shades in my crease and on my highlight.  This Loreal Infalliable in Amber Rush is gorgeous.  I absolutely love how it sparkles and stands out.  It is beautiful alone as well as paired with other browns, neutrals, or even purples! When I was at Walgreen's I also picked up the Infalliables in Eternal Sunshine and Iced Latte.  I haven't tried them yet, but will let you know if they become a favorite too.  What I love about this the most is how easy it goes on and in the summer, I love easy makeup.  You can literally just swipe this on your lid and it is so pretty no one will know it took you 5 seconds to apply your pretty eyes!

9.  During my Physicians Formula splurge I also picked up the Sexy Booster: Sexy Glow Blush in Rose.  Again the packaging is an A+ as the outside looks like panty hose and then you can see the high heeled shoe both in the powder and the charm on the side. This provides a light pink sheen to your cheeks and I am excited for when I get my summer tan...because this will be perfect for that fast makeup routine!

10.  Last but not least is Dot by Marc Jacobs.  I am loving this scent right now.  I go back and forth between it and Daisy.  I love both of them equally but lately Dot has won!  MJ is so good at perfume, seriously.

Well that is it...myApril Favorites are here! :) Hope you enjoyed it.  Do you have a favorite that I need to try? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment