Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DIY Glam MakeUp Brush Holder


If you do not watch MissGlamorazzi's YouTube channel, please leave my blog, go subscribe and then come back.  Seriously she is an adorable girl who knows A LOT about beauty and health.


Although some of my favorite videos are her GIY (Glam It Yourself) videos.  She comes up with cute ideas that are functional in our everyday lives.  Like this video where she takes a old candle and turns it into a beautiful, sparkly makeup brush holder!


I have had my brushes in different cups accompanied by different beads but nothing as cute as her idea.  So this past weekend I decided to give it a try! So here we go!

What you need:

  • An old 3-wick candle (mine was from Bath and Body)
  • Mod Podge
  • Glitter (color of your choice)
  • Paint brush
  • Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Spray

Before starting you have to remove all of the wax, labels and glue from the candle.  This was easier than I thought it would be.  I burnt the end of the candle for an hour and then everything came out with the help from a knife and soap and water.  I also used Goo B Gone to get rid of the residue from the labels.

Next take the brush, candle, and Mod Podge and lightly and thinly coat the glass with Mod Podge.  
My picture is TOO thick, which I realized the next morning when nothing had dried.  Ooops.  It should be as thin as can be so it will not stay white. I had to start over the next day, so avoid that by going very thin with your Mod Podge.
Add an generous amount of glitter and swirl it around making sure it covers the entire space.
Sit it aside for at least an hour and let it dry.  I learned (the hard way) that placing this in the sun to dry is best.  So try this craft on a bright, sunny day!

Once it is dry go in for your second coat to make sure all of the glass is covered in the glitter.
Again, put it back in the sun and let it dry for at least an hour.
 When it is finally dry, it will be just a glass holder that is full of sparkle! I love love love it.  I want to get different colors of glitter to complete more of these handy little holders.  I may or may not be burning one right now in the effort to get it to be done, lol.

 Simply fill it with small beads (I used bean bag filler: polyfill) and add your favorite makeup brushes! Put them out on display and enjoy the sparkly home your brushes now have! :)






2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! And it seems pretty easy!

    Just wanted to stop by and let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Go to my blog and see more information!
    Crazyperfectlfe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I need to change up my makeup brush holder. I have this ugly black plastic thing...

    ReplyDelete