Monday, February 25, 2013

My Kind of Weekend Shenanigans

I cannot believe it is Monday already.  I had another three day weekend due to an ice storm on Friday and I seriously could get used to only having 4 day work weeks! :)  I had a great weekend-here is what it looked like!

1 :: my Friday morning talk with Mr. Henry Liu.  Yes all 56 pounds on my lap while I read blog posts. We had to have a little time out because he was barking (extremely loud) at a dog who was running loose in the neighborhood.

2 :: SAFE HAVEN...have you read it? I started it on Friday and finished Sunday morning.  The pages just FLEW by me.  I was enthralled to say the least.  I just had to finish it and I did.  I went to see the movie Sunday afternoon too.  Of course, they changed so so much.  I am glad I read it first.  Every 10 minutes I whispered to my cousin that they had changed this or that.  I hope I didn't ruin it for her, lol. Josh Duhamel is SO dreamy.  I mean seriously Fergie is one lucky chick.

3 :: Friday I went to a MAC Pro store and ventured into the purple eye shadow land.  I am so happy with them.  I saw a tutorial on YouTube and tried it out on Sunday. I am in love.  I just may be sporting color just as often as my neutrals too! I got Satellite Dreams, Stars and Rockets, and Nocturnelle.  I had fun with the MAC girl as she showed me some new stuff and taught me some tricks too.  I picked up a few other things too which I am sure I will be sharing!  I am loving my love affair with MAC but it is a tad expensive which is why I have declared March---Cosmetic Free March.  I am not ALLOWED/PERMITTED to buy any and I mean ANY makeup products.  No lip gloss, lipstick, blush, foundation, concealer, etc.  All month long.  :)

4 :: New arm candy!!! While I was out shopping on Friday, I stopped in Nordstrom and picked up a few of the Alex and Ani bangles!  I had so much fun playing with them trying to decide on the right combo for my arm party! :) I decided to get my J initial in gold, a pretty crystal droplet in gold, and then the Path of Life in silver.  I am already in love.

5 :: A selfie in the car on Sunday featuring my purple eyeshadows--again love!

6 :: My Marley Lilly monogrammed half zip sweatshirt arrived.  I am so happy with how this comfy shirt turned on.  Pink Lou Lou had raved about how in the winter she lives in her's so I had to get one.  I must say I think I ordered it too big as it is not fitted like it could be, but I still am happy.  I went with grey material and white thread!  It was a hard decision and I think I would be down to get another sometime!

7 :: Revlon Lipgloss in Bellini! I have heard YouTube gurus rave about this lipgloss and I must say they were right.  It is perfect, seriously.  It has a nude tint but it has a pink/shimmer tint too.  It just mades the face look come together and on a cozy day I felt that it was exactly what I needed.  Good thing I bought it now because March is right around the corner.

8 :: I posted a sparkly pink mani on Friday which didn't even make it to Sunday. Blah!! So I went back to my Gelshine kit!  This color is called "It's All About Me" and it is the perfect girly strawberry pink.  I feel better knowing that it will last for two weeks too, not just two days!

9 :: I have not posted a WW post in a bit but I do have to report that I am down 11 pounds now.  I am finally seeing a difference.  I am losing most of the weight in my bottom I feel and I went down a size in jeans.  I hesitated with putting this picture up but I absolutely loved the bling on the pockets so the new jeans I bought.  Don't you!? So go me--I have my eye on the prize and I am ready to lose, lose, lose!

That is my weekend in 9 little square photos! How was your weekend? Link your's up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans! Here's to a fast week!

Before I forget you can also find me over on Ricci's blog today--I did a little Q&A with her so here's your chance to learn more fun facts about moi!  Check it out!



4 comments:

  1. I have been eying the Marley Lilly half zip. I get nervous ordering clothing that I can't see in person. My petite self could end up looking like I borrowed a sweatshirt from a much taller person! So, I'm still on the fence about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, found you via Ricci's blog! Your dog is adorable! And as if I really need another lip gloss, that beautiful Revlon Bellini is now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your monogrammed half zip! Its so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend - love your nails!

    Happy Monday!

    Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete