Monday, February 18, 2013

Identity Thief

I really had a low key weekend, but I did want to stop in to say...GO SEE IDENTITY THIEF! :)

[source]
It is OK if you stop reading right now because you are on the way to the theater--go ahead, I understand.

The movie was released nationwide a week ago.  My mom and I went to go see it the day after it opened--on a Saturday afternoon, matinee style, and when we arrived BOOM it was sold out.  This weekend we used our smarts. I ordered my tickets on Fandango so we were guaranteed to get in.  We arrived just in time to get our popcorn and drinks, and then again BOOM we walked into a sold out theater at 2:20 in the afternoon!  The movie theater worker man found us two seats smack in the middle and the previews began.

This movie is HILARIOUS.  And what's better? There is actually a story line.  My mom cried, but that isn't saying much she cries at everything.  Melissa McCarthy is so funny. One of the funniest women in the entertainment business hands down in my opinion.  To see her play this crazy character was so fun. Not only she is "colorful" (said many times in the movie), but she is spunky, obsessive, mean, rude, a criminal, etc.  Jason Bateman is great too.  I really have loved him lately.  He was the perfect fit for this role.

One of my favorite sections of the movie is summed up here in these pictures...
[source]
[source]
Yes, that is Cam from Modern Family...and it was FUN-NY to see hime play the role of a larger, widowed cowboy!  I was dying laughing the whole time!

I also ordered some fun things online this weekend--I will show them off after they arrive--I am pretty excited though, I must say!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  I am enjoying President's Day with another day off from work--yay!

I am linking up with Weekend Shenanigans---you should too!




7 comments:

  1. I really want to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it's actually good. I wanted to see it but Kevin thought it would be too dumb silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Melissa McCarthy! ever since girlmor girls I always thought she was sooo amazing! I cant wait to see this movie looks so funny! found you via the link up, come say hi if youd like a dayinthelifeofmektt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh I LOVE Cam from Modern Family. I have been debating seeing this movie and now you have me convinced.. I might have to take myself on a little week day date to see it ;) Thanks so much for linking up, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to see that movie. can't wait. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her...ever since her days on Gilmore Girls! ;) I really want to see this one. Momma needs a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete