Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Healthy and Appetizing! WW Chronicles #5

Happy Tuesday ladies!  I am checking in with my Weight Watchers journey today!  Last Friday was weigh in numero 5 and it was a good one!  I also am here today to share two super quick healthy snacks that are actually yummmmmmmy!
Source
On Friday when I weighed in the scale reported that I lost another TWO pounds!  When I typed that in (of course after I did a little happy dance on the scale), the WW app got excited because I have met my first goal of this journey.  I have officially lost 5% of my body weight and now am NINE pounds lighter.  The app gave me a big ole star with some fireworks coming out of it (think equivalent to a sticker on a test!) and had me set a new goal.  I chose the next goal would be to lost 5 more pounds.

What changes am I noticing now you may ask? Well the booty of some of my pants are starting to get a little saggy (which I will not be mad about)....my skinnies still fit but hey those are super tight anyways.  And I think I am starting to notice more flatness in my tummy--I am not talking J. Hud flat but more flat than it was! I think I have more energy now that I am incorporating exercise into my routine too.  Between Pilates, Zumba, and skiing I am earning more and more bonus points which allows me to enjoy a few of my favorite things--enter pizza, stromboli, and wine!

Now that I am on this health kick I have been looking on Pinterest for some healthy snacks when I come home from work...my go to snack is a salty snack--like chips, pretzels, etc.  I found two veggie snacks that both included salt and were worth the small amount of points they cost me!

You can find the original pins here and here.

Lemon Cucumbers

You need: cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, chile powder, salt, and pepper.


The only ingredient that I measured out was the olive oil.  I used a little more than a teaspoon, which equals a point in WW land.  The taste is fresh and crunchy, with a small kick.  I ate the entire bowl. Oops, but it only was a one point snack! Delish! I will definitely be making more to have around for my after school munchie!

Parmesan Baked Tomatoes

You need: two tomatoes, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, Oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil.

 Slice up the two tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet.  Spread the grated cheese on top of the slices.  Decorate each slice with salt, pepper, and Oregano.  Drizzle with olive oil (again I only used a teaspoon).  Lastly place some shredded Parmesan on top.  Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Seriously, if you like tomatoes and like Parmesan cheese...try this out.  It was delicious.  I did not eat all 9 slices that you see above because I actually got full on this.  I will most definitely be making this again.  I even think for a party this would be a great appetizer.  In Weight Watcher land, these 9 slices were a total of 5 points! :)


What do you think of my two healthy snacks? Follow me on Instagram @justwhatjessisupto to see other Pinterest finds I create! If you try them please let me know! Also, if you have other healthy snack recipes that would want to send my way, please do! :)




1 comment:

  1. Uh those look delish!! I am always looking for healthy recipes for snack! Totally trying these out!!

    ReplyDelete