Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Smoothing Lip Scrub

DIY--Smoothing Lip Scrub

Are the winter months doing a number on your skin? I know they are on mine.  It is bitter cold here in Ohio and the snow just keeps coming! I have not worked since Thursday of last week! Ah!  Not only is it cold, but I have been spending time out in the cold skiing...so my poor lips have taken the brunt of the punishment.  The skin on my lips has begun peeling and even worse I pick a lot and then bigger problems arise.   So to Pinterest I went to find a natural remedy, a little money saver if you will.   I found many, many pins about different mixtures to try and I decided to try this one. The ingredients are all safe to ingest and quite frankly taste yummy!


You need olive oil, honey, and brown sugar--use equal parts of each ingredient.  I chose to make a teaspoon of each at a time.  This will be way more than you need for a single use but I put the extra in a storage cotainer to use and reuse until I need to make more.


Mix the three ingredients together until you have a granulated substance that looks like a thick honey.  I do think you could add a dash more of brown sugar if you would like it to be more "scrubby" as the mixture will be a little watery from the oil.


The next part is the fun part! Place it on your finger and exfoliate those lips!  I scrubbed mine for about 2 minutes.  I actually took some awkward pictures of this process and decided to leave those to the imagination.  I can't be putting too much embarrassing info out there about me, now can I? LOL


Once you are finished, rinse off the scrub and dab your lips with a delicate towel.  You will see some dead skin come off during this step.  Instantly you will notice a smoother texture, just after one use.  I recommend using the scrub before you start your make-up routine so your lips are fresh for lipstick, stain, or gloss.  You will notice a smoother application of your favorite lip product!  I have also inserted this into my nightly skin care routine so my lips are fresh when I go to bed too.  I just do not add color before bed, just my favorite EOS chapstick!

Have you tried a lip scrub that you LOVE? If so do share with me.  Let me know in the comments section if you try this out. It is quick, easy, and inexpensive! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog through Marcy. I love this post and am going to have to try this. I'm a consultant for Rodan & Fields and we have an amazing lip exfoliant! Check it out here! https://lwalstad.myrandf.com/Shop/Product/ENLM015
    It's seriously amazing as all our products are. Let me know if you're interested in trying it. I can send you one to try! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete