Tuesday, January 29, 2013

When Bobcats Reunite...

There is an indescribable bond made between your friends that you make while in college.  And (in my opinion) the ones that you make at Ohio University are life long friends, where you can not see each other for months and pick up right where you left off the last time.  Whether that be 3 months or 3 years.

I was lucky enough to go to OU and make friends just as I have described.  In my normal weekend life, I tend to be pretty boring.  Sleeping in, playing with Henry, catching up with my DVR, maybe out to dinner with family or friends.  But when a weekend comes that I have plans to see one of my Bobcats or Bobkittens, I get pumped. Although I tend to want to act like I am still 21...I am quickly reminded that I am indeed 31.
Source
Anyways, last weekend was one of those weekends that I had been looking forward to.  I was meeting my Bobcat BFF, Jamie, in Columbus to stay in a hotel, go out for some fun, and shop around!  I was ready to just have a good time.  I even gave myself a new gel mani for the weekend!
Sephora by OPI in Opening Night (Gelshine)

Friday got here and I was counting down the minutes until I could leave work and then of course a huge winter storm had to come through.  I ended up getting out of work two hours early, but the roads were awful.  I had to delay by take off until the roads were better and then I am off for my weekend o' fun.
Once I got onto the highway, the roads were good to go.  We checked into the Red Roof Inn (thank you hotels.com for the great deal) and began to get ready!


Finally we were ready to hit the town, go out to dinner, and find us some fun.  It was definitely freezing weather and even though we bundled up, the 10 minute walk was brutal.

We had dinner at Gordon Biersch.  We shared the best sandwich--it was so good and sharing was such a good idea.  It was definitely enough food and worth every point (non WW style).


While we were there, me met this lovely bartender.  His name has slipped me at this point.  But OMG the conversation that occurred.  I am not sure even how to describe it entirely. It was so odd, inappropriate, random, crazy,and not your typical dinner talk.  Let's just summarize his anecdotes with these three topics: shiscabob, pickle jar, and meow mix. He may or may not have been my favorite part of the night.


Next up, a dueling piano bar.  These types of places are my favorite.  I love live music. And even better when you pay for your request or to shut a song up! It was so much fun, we stayed for WAY too many hours.  But fun was had.  We made bets, which I lost...but Jamie later learned that the money should be on the table when betting... ;) The ponytailed piano player was my favorite and it happened to be his birthday. Yet again...his name has slipped my mind.


 Our song of choice? We requested Sir Mix A Lot's Big Butts.  Yes, we are from that generation and thought it was necessary to hear.  However, once the piano players invited anyone up to "dance" to the song, I think we immediately regretted the choice.  We also asked for a little Salt N Pepper Shoop but they never played it...boo, and they kept our money!


Saturday was spent at the mall, my home away from home.  We were on a hunt for beauty products, some of which I will be reviewing this week as I am in love with so many new products lately. :)


Sunday was my lazy day...just check out Henry to know how lazy we were :)




2 comments: