Monday, January 7, 2013

Weight Watchers Chronicles...#1

New Year's Resolutions.  I didn't post this on the 1st because I am trying to not look at it as a resolution, but just a goal for me.  A goal that I hope to achieve because I want it.  I moved back home to Ohio 3 years ago and since then have gained almost 30 pounds.  Throughout this time period, on a daily basis, I have looked into the mirror and said, "UGH, I HATE THE WAY I LOOK!"

Even though I said it out loud to myself and in front of the mirror where I could see the proof...I continue to not do a DARN thing about it.  Nope not one thing.  I would get on the scale and say, "Oh another 3 pounds gained, JOY!"  (please read that with sarcasm).

After mucho complaining to myself and to my mom...I have decided that with her and my cousin...I am would join Weight Watchers.  Even after I said I would do it...in the back of my mind I thought...I won't really do it, but I will just say I will.  Enter New Year's Eve.  I was bored. I was down.  I was feeling as pessimistic as ever.  I did not get out of my sweat pants.  I watched sapping NYE movies where everyone falls in love and kisses their new partner at the strike of midnight.  All is happy. All is in love.  This was the point where I finally became part of my decision.  I opened up my computer and went to Weight Watchers and signed up.

There Jessi you just paid for three months of this service...that is definitely going to motivate you because you could have gone shopping!  And to be honest. That was the moment where I decided that I would give it a whirl. I would do it correctly. I would track and I would look stuff up in my phone to make sure my portions were correct and I wasn't abusing my points.


I love me some Jessica Simpson.  I actually love more old school J. Simp but same same.  I want to feel on top of the world. I was to be in control and free just like she says.  So here is to my journey.

I absolutely love tracking on my phone. I am a phone person. It is in my hand 90% of the time.  So it fits my life style.  I do not think I would like it as much if I were writing these things down.  The difference a wonderful app makes.  So my first goal is to lose 8.8 pounds.  I am not going to share my actual weight numbers. I am not self-confident enough to do that. But I will share that my overall goal to is to lose 25 pounds.  I know it will be a long journey and I know I will have good days and bad days.  But I can definitely use all of the cheering and support that I can get.

After week #1 and my first weight loss weigh in I have lost 4 pounds! I am thrilled with that start! :) Here's to being fit, free, and in control in 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Jess! That is awesome. I actually need to lose a few pounds because all of my work pants are too tight. Like uncomfortable tight. I had to lose weight before my sister's wedding because my dress was a little snug. I hit my goal and everything was great. But, then I started eating anything and everything. I need to find a program I like that doesn't restrict me too much. I love carbs and dessert! I cut all of that out before the wedding and I'm sure that's why it's back...and then some. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    Also, if it comes in app form, I'm all over it! I totally agree it is easier than tracking in a notebook. Good luck! I know you will rock this!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girly!!!!! I'm on my own journey to get healthier and it is HARD!!!! But we can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete