Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weight Watchers Chronicles... #2

It is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change. It is not a diet. It is a lifestyle change. If it is not a diet and it is changing my lifestyle...why do I stink at it?
Source
As you can see my go get it done attitude I had last week has disappeared (for the time being). I am definitely feeling a little down about the diet errrrrr I mean lifestyle change.  It has only been two weeks. It has only been two weeks. Yes. I know that. Please do not tell me again.

I rocked the first week.  So much that WW took a point away from my daily intake because I had lost a big number.  Initially that made me furious, but I came to terms with it. LOL

Anne, my cousin, and I have been providing each other with great moral support.  Sometimes we have to make fun of ourselves to get the point across.




What happened with week two you ask? Oh yeah. I gained. :-(

Why did I gain? Oh because I indulged too much.  Too much. On Tuesday of last week, I had a break down. I just had to have pizza.  Not the healthy pizza I mentioned yesterday either. I wanted cheesy, greasy, to die for pizza.  Because this program is not built to take away your favorite foods, I decided a little indulgence was OK.  As soon as the box was in my hands, I was happy. I could not wait to sit down and eat as slowly as I could to savor the taste and make "cheating" worth it.  An hour later? I was in pain.  My stomach was bloated. My stomach begged me to not put anything else in it.  Eating like a pig back fired on me.  I decided then and there, I could not do it again.

Enter that beautiful long weekend in Maryland skiing with friends.  No one else on the trip was dieting.  No was else was watching what they were eating.  So I decided I would be conscientious of the program and do my best to follow.  I packed my little snacks already counted out in portions.  I brought fruit. I brought smoothies. I brought everything but meals. Friday I did great--Saturday, not so much.  Buffalo wings, dips, crackers, chips--junk food galore.  This wasn't much will power present in my aching body to say no.  Again, I felt like crap afterwards. Saturday night I was exhausted and went to bed with a belly ache again.  You would have thought I would have learned my lesson from the pizza extravaganza. I even hurt on Sunday.

Monday morning weigh in happens at 5:45am and I was not shocked to see that I had gained a pound.  The little message popped up on my phone trying to console me--saying it was alright to gain and part of the learning process. Blah Blah Blah.  They gave me my freaking point back too.  So how alright does that make it look?  Anyways, I am back on track--eating within my point range and watching my portions.  I threw caution to the wind and learned the hard way.  Next week I am hopeful for a negative result.  I am even OK with me taking a point away from me if it means I lose.
Source
So that is week #2. Not the results I wanted, but maybe it will serve as motivation for me to stay on track this week.  I am going to Cincinnati this weekend to visit a friend.  I will have to learn about to present in this LIFESTYLE CHANGE when I am on the road.  Chris, watch out, we need to be healthy this weekend (for the most part!).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jess! I gained two pounds at my last weighin and I've eaten pizza at lunch three days this week. I'm probably not gonna lose but my activity is high so I wish I would lose a pound. Good luck on the next weighin! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a new follower :) I'm also following weight watchers and writing about my journey over at ktjweighingin.com

    I look forward to following along on your journey and see you reach your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5:45 monday morning weigh in?! that sounds like it would be a disaster for me! weekends are the hardest part!!!

    ReplyDelete