Friday, January 25, 2013

My Cartoon Theme Song!

Do you ever envision yourself inside a cartoon? I know it sounds a tad strange. But I do.  The other night I was patiently waiting for some Friends reruns to come on Nick @ Nite and had to watch an episode of The Nanny. Have you ever paid attention to her opening show theme song? If not, here it is.


Amidst the song and dance I all of a sudden was a cartoon version of me...dancing down the sidewalks of NYC just like Fran Drescher.

Just imagine this little cartoon figurine with sandy blonde hair, a side swooping bang, a cardi, skinnies, and riding boots...and POW you will have The Jessi cartoon figurine! :) I wish I could draw. Because if I could...you would not have to imagine it...you would see it. But you can see it as I now have my own avatar.  How cool is that? I have an avatar!  The lovely and talented Kirsten Peters McGrath drew me! So just imagine this cute little face in my theme song video!

If you like my avatar check out Kirsten's Etsy shop here.  She has awesome, totally fun clip art packages.  I have several that I use in my classroom.  And now I have my avatar too.  Next, I hope she will draw Henry.  Don't you think a cartoon version of him would be adorbs? I do! Anyways...back to my point.

Why have a theme song? Certainly when I arrive at work, the song would play.  While sitting in traffic and people look over at me...the song would play. When I walk into a store, the song would play.  You get the drift? OK great.  Everyone would stop and hear my song and watch my skinny realistic cartoon dance through Ohio! :)

So The Nanny's song goes like this...

She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens, 
Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes. 
What was she to do, where was she to go 
She was out on her fanny. 

So over the bridge from Flushing to the Sheffield's door, 
She was there to sell make up but the father saw more, 
She had style, she had flair, she was there, 
That's how she became the Nanny. 

Who would have guessed that the girl we described 
was just exactly what the doctor prescribed? 

Now, the father finds her beguiling, watch out C.C., 
The kids are actually smiling, such joie de vivre 
She's the lady in red when everybody else is wearing tan. 
The flashy girl from Flushing, the Nanny named Fran

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/thenannylyrics.html

My version...

She was studying in college at Ohio University
Til her graduation came and she joined the working scene.
Three years of teaching 8th grade, and she needed a change for thee
Where was she to go, but to Washington DC.

So through the mountains and to the city, she arrived
There she would teach and her social life would thrive.
Four years of cultural bliss,
Would lead her to realize home is what she missed.

Loading up a U-haul and traveling the highway was next
All of her family and friends she would text.
She has style, she has taste, she got a job
She decided to share her world by writing a blog.

She's the lady in a VW bug who smiles to anyone passing through...
check in with her to see...Just What Jess is Up To!

What do you think? I am not a self proclaimed rapper. But I think I should definitely have my own theme song!  What theme song would fit you?

And speaking of songs...you have GOT to listen to this MASH UP. It is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Listen. Download. Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment