Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It is always sunny on the other side?

pleated poppy

Before I can get to my outfit of choice...I must vent. V.E.N.T.

Today I am just a sack full of negative feelings! Do you ever feel this way?

I am pessimistic by nature. I know, I know it is not a good thing...yet it is almost something I cannot control.  I try to look at the positive side of every thing that happens.  I try to send out positive vibes.  BUT sometimes there comes a day where a girl is going to crack.

Today is that day.

I just feel defeated. Completely beat down. Down. Very low.  Ugh. I hate that I feel this way. I need something to happen to make me smile and say "Wow! I can start being positive again!"  I hope that something is already in the car, speeding down the highway at a nice 80mph.  I am waiting positive action. Waiting for you.

On a better note. I took my brother to an appointment at my alma mater yesterday. Ohio University...placed in the nostalgic, beautiful Athens, Ohio.  I tell you what OU--you still have my heart. 100% completely.

We ate lunch at my favorite bagel shop--Bagel Street Deli.


Bagel Street is definitely what you would call a "hole in the wall" with its narrow brick walls which are covered in chalk from the patrons of the past (since 1993) and small aluminum foil creations.  They seriously make the best bagel out there. Check out their site here!



When it comes to food, I am what you call a plain Jane.  And so I have only ever tried one item off the menu (in 10 years!)...Tom's Turkey.  Just look up there! Aren't you hungry? So I am thankful for my beautiful fall day and my visit to Bagel Street!

I also wore a Pinterest inspired outfit yesterday.  See below for my inspiration.

I thought this was a super cute and comfy fall look...and now that the Ohio temps have finally dropped it was time for me to break out my boots (collective...YAY!)!

Here is what I was able to come up with using my closet!
Scarf: Old Navy, Shirt: Forever 21, Tank: Old Navy, Leggings: Target, Boots: Macy's via Steve Madden Watch: Fossil

I think I did a fairly good job.  I was not 100% happy with my choice of scarf but it is the best I had. I learned I need more scarves!! So I went directly to Etsy and ordered a new cream/oatmeal cowl...I will blog about it once it arrives! I also need to start to take my #ootd photos with my camera instead!  I will get on that next time.  

My HP shirts came today. Yay! :) Now I just need to find an event to bring out my inner nerd to "Stay Calm and Carry a Wand!"

That's...Just What Jess Is Up To :)








4 comments:

  1. I do hope you feel more positive soon! I do understand and I think we all feel that way at some time or another! Your outfit turned out great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate it! Today was a little better...so here's hoping for the best!

      Delete
  2. Fab Pinterest recreation!!! Way to go! Hope you are having a better day....keep your chin up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! :) I always try to recreate...and not always do I think the idea turns out nicely! :) Thank you, today was a tad better!

      Delete