Saturday, July 28, 2012

Beautify Your Surroundings...it is a MUST

A few weeks ago I went to visit my friend Chris in Cincinnati for the weekend.  We had a great time.  


I spent one day roaming the downtown area alone (only got freaked out a couple of times).  As I roamed I went to really neat boutiques and thrift shops, spent some time at a cool park and just took in the new surroundings.  


all of the piggy art was my favorite :)


We went to Toby Keith's I Love this Bar to see Easton Corbin, which did not disappoint and I even got to meet him afterwards. I will add the picture at the very end! 
 




We went to a Reds game which was fun (but hot!) and they won in extra innings. 










But I have to be honest one of the things I looked forward to the most was going to the motherland of home decor stores--IKEA! Most of my bedroom furniture was purchased at Ikea and I just had an "itch" to buy some more. I stayed within my budget which I was impressed with and bought a new shelf system for my bathroom, a bookshelf, two Lack side tables, and some vases.  When I got home I couldn't wait to come up with a plan.  In hindsight, you should probably have a plan before going to Ikea, but oh well.


It took me a week to figure out what I was going to do.  And once it was decided, there was a sudden rush to get it done.  In that rush, I did not take any before pictures...I know I can't believe it either. So sorry! 


One of the many big changes is I cleaned everything out of my closet.  No, I do not mean I sorted through clothes and shoes to donate to Good Will.  I mean I took everything out of the closet because I turned my closet in a headboard of sorts! To do that I decided it needed to be painted as an accent color to my bedding.  I just got new bedding from Vera Bradley in the Va Va Bloom print (see below) and wanted to make it as cute as can be.  


I recently learned about "Chip It" and decided Sherwin Williams was the way to go to perfectly match up the paint color that I needed.  Chip It is so easy...all you have to do is upload of a picture of something in the room you are remodeling and they will "suggest" paint colors.  Just look at the pretty colors that they came up! Which one would you have picked?  I decided on... CALYPSO! It turned out even better than I had hoped!


I also needed to use some new materials to decorate the accent wall and I decided on an old window frame and open picture frames which I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I purchased some other accents that made me smile! My favorite purchase was a chandelier.  I have no idea why I hadn't owned one before. I LOVE IT!  I made some collages down below for you to see the finished product!



I am now using a spare room as my "walk in" closet which is working out so far.  So I guess I am a two room kind of girl now!



All in all, I am happy with my surrounding being beautified! Looks like something that you could find on Pinterest right?


As promised I leave you with my 15 seconds with Mr. Easton Corbin himself!


That's....just what jess is up to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment