Thursday, March 29, 2012

Take a Peep at my center piece!

This blog post should reaffirm all doubt that YES in fact crafts can be quick, easy, and painless! :)  As you can see March is nearly over, I think I am cutting close by 3 days..oops! But my friend Jamie keeps pushing me to make this resolution last longer than my last--so I have got to make it to at least July!  

You will not be surprised that this craft was inspired by a pin from Pinterest!  And I do not exaggerate when I say it is really easy!  So let's get started on this simple Easter-ish center piece!

My first stop was to my favorite store--Hobby Lobby.  There I bought a rectangle vase--I really wanted a square one, but I had to settle for the rectangle!  I also needed some fake flowers and this is what took the majority of my time in the store.  I could not decide on what to get.  I finally decided on some gerber daisies.  I bought a bundle of them to make sure I would have plenty to make my vase look full.  And lastly, I bought a small rectangle shaped styrofoam green thing (not sure what the proper term is here) to hold my flowers in place.  Next I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some Peeps (I chose yellow bunnies) and some jelly beans (I chose multi-colored)!

Here are all of the supplies you will need! I spent about $12 dollars on everything!
 Next I needed to do some informal measuring.  You want there to be enough room for the styrofoam and the peeps so my green thing had to be cut. Don't be afraid that I used that big of a knife! See below!


Use the adhesive to secure the green styrofoam to the bottom of your vase!
 Once you have secured the styrofoam to the bottom on the vase, open up on your jelly beans.  Try not to eat too many, you want to fill the space around the styrofoam so it does not show.  I left some space as you can see below because my Peeps were going to go in next!

Now you are ready to place your Peeps in their new home.  I was able to put four of them on the front and back, making the total of eight Peeps...and one on each side, making the total of two Peeps.  In all I used ten Peeps!



As if the Peeps and the jellies are not cute enough it was time to position the flowers on the top!  I ended up using all of the flowers in my bundle as I thought it really filled it well!
I did have to see hedge trimmers to cut them apart--which unlike the big knife was a little bit scary!

And...there you have it... a very cute, Easter themed center piece for your table! :)







And hey...you end up with some Peeps and jellies to spare...which make a yummy snack!


That's....just what jess is up to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment